Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quail Quartet

This piece marks another leap in craftsmanship that I did not posses just a few months ago. As before I now have a new benchmark when it comes to my illustrations. When I wrote the words Quail Quartet in my alphabet list I knew it had potential. I know it is not as realized as it could be but I am very pleased to have reached this level. The phrase “bridging the gap” comes to mind. I have not bridged the gap and made it to the other side but I am further along the path and can never go back to the artist I was before this piece. It’s really funny how the gap is both smaller and larger than before. It’s smaller because I know I improved in multiple areas of skill. It’s larger because I have a better understanding of the focused work I need to put in to create what I just did.

I will not self critique this one because sometimes you have to savor your moments of growth.

As usual comments and critiques are more than welcome.

Watercolor on 22x30 arches cold press

1 comment:

Tobreth said...

How many of your alphabet series have you posted?